Estate planning is best performed as a collaborative effort between you, your financial advisor, your attorney, and your accountant. Having each of these professionals involved allows us to think creatively and help develop strategies designed to preserve your wealth, protect your legacy, and lay the foundation for a lasting impact on future generations.
Included in your estate plan are instructions on end-of-life care should you be unable to make such decisions yourself, and an outline for how your estate will be handled and distributed upon your death. Estate planning occurs at the intersection of law, tax and financial planning. Our in-house expertise extends beyond financial planning to tax and estate planning specialists. This added ICC expertise can help your attorney to focus on the legalities and drafting your plan while our team works on creating a strategy based on your goals and values.
Our estate planning services can include:*
- Coordinating with your estate planning attorney to translate your wishes and our strategies into a legally-binding document.
- Advising you on the different types of trusts available to ensure an efficient transfer of assets to your heirs and/or philanthropies of choice.
- Minimizing the tax burden on your beneficiaries by working with your accountant to reduce the impact of federal and state estate tax laws.
- Creating a legacy through charitable gifts to meaningful causes that speak to your values.
- Estimating the value of your estate based on your current and predicted income, expenses, assets, debts, and taxes.
- Connecting with you on a regular basis to ensure that your estate plan is still in alignment with your vision.
You’ve earned your wealth through a lifetime of hard work, which is why you should choose an investment firm with advanced expertise and full capabilities in this area. Our experienced team at ICC has been providing estate planning consulting services in conjunction with investment management services since our founding in 1987. We hold ourselves to the highest standard: the fiduciary standard. We seek to eliminate and disclose conflicts of interest so you can be assured that your needs always come first when you work with us.