Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Randy Garcia, generously gives back to the community in many ways. He currently serves the community in the following capacities: UNLV Foundation Board of Trustees, Chair of the UNLV Foundation’s Investment Committee, Board Director and Education Committee member of the Council for a Better Nevada, Board Director for Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada, Board Director for The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, Board Member of the Latin Chamber of Commerce Foundation, and Board Member of the Las Vegas Area Council of the Boy Scouts. He serves as an Honorary Commander for the Nellis Support Team, supporting our servicemen and women at Nellis Air Force Base. He formerly served as Chairman of the Nevada State Taxicab Authority (Governor Appointee), on the Spending and Government Efficiency Commission, also as Governor Appointee, and on the 2016 Presidential Debate Steering Committee.
In 2016 Randy Garcia was awarded the Golden Hands Award by the Cultural Diversity Foundation for his dedication and actions which have facilitated significant positive changes in southern Nevada. In 2016 he was also awarded the Lifetime Achievement in Philanthropy Award by the Latin Chamber of Commerce. In 2015 he was honored to be the recipient of the Catholic Charities Heart of Hope Award for his generous support of their work for decades. He is a dedicated supporter of the many vital programs that Catholic Charities runs for refugees, the homeless, the food bank, meals for senior citizens and underserved Nevadans. Mr. Garcia was honored by the Latin Chamber of Commerce as 2007 Hispanic of the Year for his philanthropic efforts; in 2009 he was honored with the Nevada State College President’s Award for his contributions to improving education; in 2016 he received the Golden Hand Service Award from the Cultural Diversity Foundation; and in 2017 he received the Latin Chamber of Commerce Hispanic of the Year Lifetime Achievement for Philanthropy Award.
The Investment Counsel Company has committed to funding a full four-year scholarship for a student in the inaugural class of the newly created University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Medicine. The firm also sponsors a series of seminars featuring industry leaders for the UNLV Lee Business School Finance Department.
Mr. Garcia and his wife of thirty years, Staci, have two sons and a daughter. As proud residents of Las Vegas, they generously give back to the community through numerous philanthropic endeavors. In addition to his participation on many boards, Garcia initiated and, for more than a decade, underwrote the Latin Chamber of Commerce Annual Career Day. He has sponsored supplemental enrichment programs in the Clark County School District. Mr. Garcia and his family focus on supporting the community in ways which enhance the lives of at-risk youth, with the goal of fostering positive, systemic change in Southern Nevada.
A summary of the myriad capacities in which Mr. Garcia serves the southern Nevada community are listed below:
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Foundation Board of Trustees, also serving on the Executive Committee and as Chair of the Investment Committee
- Board and Educational Committee Member of the Council for a Better Nevada
- Board Director for the Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada
- Board Director for The Smith Center for the Performing Arts
- Executive Committee Member of the Las Vegas Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- Board Director for the Latin Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Member of the Nellis Air Force Base Support Team and Honorary Commander of the Nevada Test and Training Range
- Member of the 2016 Presidential Debate Steering Committee
- 2005 Friend of Education Award, Latin Chamber of Commerce
- 2007 Hispanic of the Year Award, Latin Chamber of Commerce
- 2009 President’s Award, Nevada State College
- 2012 Las Vegas Latino Leader recognition
- 2013 Honoree of the Distinguished Women and Men in Nevada
- 2015 Heart of Hope Award from Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
- 2016 Golden Hand Service Award from the Cultural Diversity Foundation
- 2017 Latin Chamber of Commerce Hispanic of the Year Lifetime Achievement for Philanthropy Award
- Former Governor Appointee: Chairman of the Nevada State Taxicab Authority
- Former Governor Appointee to the Spending and Government Efficiency Commission (SAGE)
- Former board member of the Nevada Community Foundation, Nevada Development Authority, Nevada State College Foundation Board of Trustees, and Las Vegas Southwest Rotary, Member of Nevada System of Higher Education Inclusive Excellence Advisory Board