ESG Investment Planning Services in Las Vegas
An acronym for “Environmental, Social, Governance”, ESG is a broad construct consisting of investment factors that are related to an investor’s moral or ethical values, rather than those related only to financial performance. Therefore, just as every person’s values are unique, the meaning of ESG to every investor is unique. Other terms you may hear that are synonymous with ESG are Socially Responsible Investing (SRI), Impact Investing and Values-based Investing.
What does this mean for you if you desire your portfolio to reflect your values without compromising its effectiveness in achieving your goals? It means you require an investment professional who can:*
- Take the time to listen and understand your values
- Access available opportunities across the entire investment spectrum
- Identify and take advantage of the best of those opportunities on your behalf
- Create a highly customized portfolio that is tailored to both your investment objectives and your values
How Can ICC Assist You in Aligning Your Portfolio With Your Values?
Implementing your ESG objectives requires creating a highly customized portfolio. At ICC, we specialize in assisting clients with creating customized portfolios that fit their specific preferences. This has been a core tenet of our investment philosophy for over three decades. We can create portfolios with ESG guidelines by both excluding companies with undesired business practices as well as including companies that are positively impacting desired issues.
ICC has also been an industry innovator in “open architecture” for over 33 years. Open architecture means that we have access to the universe of available investment opportunities, which are the focus of a limited number of institutional, independent wealth management firms. This investment policy naturally extends to and reinforces the ESG investment process.
We have long-term relationships with investment managers that have specifically tailored ESG strategies as well as those who integrate ESG as a foundation in their investment philosophies. Our team is committed to remaining continuously up-to-date on ESG developments while utilizing dedicated ESG-focused analytical tools to identify, evaluate and monitor investments.
Our Research Team maintains a network of experts on managing ESG assets. We engage many asset managers who offer ESG strategies and solutions, including those that are signatories of the Principles of Responsible Investment standard.
ESG Investment Examples
- Reserves: Companies with evidence of owning fossil fuel, oil sands, shale oil & gas, or thermal coal reserves.
- Carbon Emissions: Emissions as measured or estimated at varying scopes (greenhouse gases vs. electricity generation) and intensities (emissions per units of sales).
- Environmental Controversies
- Genetic Engineering
- Nuclear Power
- Abortion Providers
- Adult Entertainment
- Animal Welfare
- Child Labor
- Hate speech/violence facilitation
- Human Rights Controversies
- Human Trafficking
- Labor Rights
- Private Prisons
- Stem Cell Research
- Gender Diversity
- Racial/Ethnic Diversity
- Catholic Values: Such as those defined by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops’ (USCCB) Socially Responsible Investment Guidelines
- Jewish Values
- Sharia Compliant Investing
- Other religious mandates
ICC has been working with individuals, families, foundations, and corporations since 1987. It is a preeminent independent financial planning firm in Nevada with $1.3 billion in assets under management. ICC was among the first investment management firms in Nevada to adopt the fiduciary standard, a commitment to seek to eliminate or disclose conflicts of interest. That means when we work with you, our team is committed to doing what is in your best interest.